Established IT solutions provider
Capito has been providing leading IT services and solutions to the commercial and public sector since 1990. Initially a computer rentals business, the company moved towards an IT Reseller model in 1993 as the cost of IT equipment became more affordable.
Capito has built an enviable reputation for service delivery during this time, and we have continued to develop and grow our service offering in line with the exciting and forever evolving developments in the IT industry. The technology we use and the way we do business now has changed dramatically since our inception.
Company History and Achievements
- Capito is a recognised supplier on the Digital Outcomes and Specialists 4 (DOS4) framework
- Capito is a recognised supplier on the G-Cloud 11 framework
- Capito becomes a Microsoft Silver Partner in Cloud Productivity
- Capito becomes a Microsoft Silver Partner in Cloud Platform
- Capito named Channel Partner of the Year by Pure Storage
- Capito is a recognised supplier on G-Cloud 10
- Droplet Computing appoints Capito as first Scottish Partner
- NetApp awards Capito Gold partner status
- Capito becomes a Microsoft Authorised Education Partner
- Capito becomes a Microsoft Silver Datacenter Partner
- Capito becomes a Microsoft Surface Reseller
- Capito Managing Director co-hosts Procurement Scotland workshop at Scottish Government Business in Parliament Conference
- Capito raises over £2300 for Cancer Research UK by taking part in Pretty Muddy Edinburgh
- Capito secures place on G-Cloud 9 via the Government's Digital Marketplace
- Finance Minister, Derek Mackay MSP visits Capito's offices
- Capito's Investors in People (IIP) Bronze Accreditation reconfirmed for another 3 years
- Capito achieves new Investors in Young People (IIYP) Silver Accreditation
- Capito awarded Microsoft Silver Partner for Small and Midmarket Cloud Solutions
- Capito awarded Microsoft Gold Partner for Windows and Devices
- Capito raises over £1500 for Action for Children Scotland by supporting Byte Night Edinburgh
- Capito secures place as a supplier on G-Cloud 8.
- Capito opens regional office in Reading
- Capito awarded Service Partner Contract Award by Hewlett Packard Inc. to deliver all services under their Scottish Procurement National Framework Contracts for Mobile Client Devices and Desktop Computing and associated services.
- Capito secures place on Government Procurement Framework for G-Cloud 7, for the provision of Cloud Services to the UK public sector.
- Capito wins place on all four Lots of a four year Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) framework by Jisc
- Capito celebrates 25 years of success
- Capito opens regional office in Aberdeen, to expand and service existing customers in North and North-East Scotland
- Capito becomes Authorised Microsoft Cloud Accelerate Partner
- Capito Investors in People accreditation raised to Bronze status
- Capito participates in Microsoft’s 2016 for 2016 Apprenticeship scheme
- Capito secures place on Government Procurement Service G-Cloud IV Framework Agreement for the provision of Cloud Services to the whole of the UK public sector
- Capito wins place on Scottish Procurement Lot 2 of National Framework Agreement for Office Equipment
- Capito awarded Safecontractor award, recognising Capito’s very high standards in health and safety management.
1990 - 2010
- 2010 – Awarded prestigious ISO 27001 certification for Information Security Management System
- 2006 – Awarded HP’s ServiceOne Programme, one of a small number of leading HP Partners to achieve this.
- 2006 – Company buy-out by the Management Team
- 2001 – Awarded ISO 14001 for Environmental Management System
- 2001 - Livingston Head Office refurbished, converting warehouse into additional multi-level office accommodation and adding a new warehouse with a configuration suite.
- 2000 - Capito is Microsoft’s first Scottish Gold partner
- 2000 - Changed name to Capito, reflecting emergence as a solutions and services-led organisation.
- 2000 - Capito awarded Investors In People (IIP)
- 1999 - Awarded ISO 9001 for Quality Management System
- 1993 – Name changes to CRS Computers Ltd and moves to current premises. Change of focus to IT reseller and transition to IT Solutions-led model.
- 1990 – Company founded as Computer Rentals Scotland Ltd. Primary focus was the rental of IT equipment at a time when outright purchase was considered to be cost prohibitive.