Please note - these events have passed and can no longer be booked.
This is where we review past activities and let you know about events you may have missed (but which may feature again) in Capito's calendar.
Scottish VMUG - Edinburgh
Capito and Pure Storage were joint Bronze sponsors at the recent Scottish VMUG which was held at the Assembly Roxy in Edinburgh on 4th October.
As well as being a Pure Storage Partner, Capito is also a VMware Enterprise Solutions Partner with experienced senior technical consultants, used to working across VMware and Pure upgrades and implementation projects.
We really enjoyed chatting to VMUG members at this event and gave away a fabulous prize in our prize draw too - find out more about who won here.
NHS Productivity Congress - Manchester
Capito were joint exhibitors in partnership with Droplet Computing at the NHS Productivity Congress: Taking on the Productivity Challenge conference on 2nd October.
The one-day conference looked into the current challenges the NHS are facing while trying to drive productivity throughout the UK. Droplet Computing CEO, Steve Horn, gave a talk on the issues around managing older, legacy applications; how to overcome these and still make cost savings.
Find out more about how Capito and Droplet Computing can benefit the NHS and other healthcare organisations.
Fintech 2018, Edinburgh
Capito were one of the sponsors at Fintech where we exhibited jointly with Pure Storage and Veeam. The conference took place on 19th & 20th September and was attended by well over 200 delegates.
Guest speakers included Derek Mackay MSP. Read more about why the Cabinet Secretary for Economy, Finance and Fair Work thinks Scotland will be a global Fintech leader here.
We enjoyed meeting delegates over the 2-day event and were pleased to give away a fabulous prize in our prize draw on Day 1.
Read more here.
IT Leaders Summit 2018, Edinburgh
We were delighted to support DIGIT's 2nd annual IT Leaders Summit jointly with Iomart at Our Dynamic Earth on 21st June.
The conference contextualised the evolution of IT, examining the changing role of technology within the business and the inherent implications for IT personnel. The event provided a unique forum for knowledge exchange, discussion and high-level networking for IT, Business and Finance leaders.
ICT for Education, Brighton 2018
Capito and Simplex Services were joint exhibitors at ITC's Regional IT Conference for Education Professionals on 15th June. The event took place at The Amex Stadium in Brighton.
Capito has a wealth of experience in delivering IT solutions to the Education sector including Microsoft solutions. As a Microsoft Authorised Education Partner, we are able to provide Office 365 Education licences and management; and Intune for Education to our Education customers. We are also a Microsoft Surface Reseller.
Digital Energy 2018 Conference, Aberdeen
Once again, Capito was pleased to support DIGIT's 5th annual Digital Energy conference which is took place at the AECC, Aberdeen on 1st and 2nd May.
The event brought together senior IT, Digital and business leaders, providing a unique forum for knowledge exchange, discussion and high-level networking. The programme looked at key trends and provided practical insight from an array of industry leaders.
- Landscape: maximising economic recovery and cross industry collaboration
- IT & Digital as a driver of efficiency, business improvement and problem solving
- Analytics, data-driven decision making and business intelligence
- Asset visibility: performance, conditioning, remote monitoring
- Emerging technologies, AI, IoT, Robotics, Drones, Blockchain
- Infrastructure: SCADA, Cloud, hybrid architecture, managed services
- Cyber Security, information governance, GDPR
- Allan Cockriel, Global CIO, Petrofac
- Gavin McCance, IT Manager, CERN
- Steve Ritchie, Director, Digital Technology, Baker Hughes GE
- Prof Nirmalie Wiratunga, Professor of Intelligent Systems, RGU
- Chris McManaman, Director, Commodity Trading & Risk Management, CGI
- Angus Murray, IT Manager, TAQA Global
- Mandy Haeburn-Little, CEO, SBRC
- Eamonn Keane, Detective Inspector, Specialist Crime Division, Police Scotland
- Jackie Doyle, Director, Digital Development, ONE
- Sarah Forbes, Director of Projects & Innovation, Peterson
- Stephen Ashley, Digital Transformation Solution Centre Manager, OGTC
Scottish VMUG, Glasgow
Capito and Pure Storage were delighted to be joint Gold sponsors at Scottish VMUG on 26th April.
Cody Hosterman, Pure's Technical Director for VMware solutions, gave an excellent talk on Virtual Volumes explaining what they are and what you can use them for.
His talk was very well received by VMware users with some remarking that it really helped their understanding of vVols and how much they enjoyed talking to Cody in person.
Read what some had to say in their blogs here:
Workshop: Achieving the Ultimate Next Generation Desktop
This workshop was extremely popular and explored the key stages and considerations required to deliver the 'perfect' desktop. Organised by Capito in partnership with Liquidware, IGEL and Uniprint, delegates had the opportunity to put their questions and challenges to a panel of experts with live technical demos. The vendor workshops in the afternoon were particularly well received.
If you have any desktop migration plans this year - whether Physical, such as Windows 10 migration, Virtual or Cloud - this event is highly recommended for you.
Webinar: Find out why IGEL's Universal Management Suite is so smart
We partnered with IGEL to present a webinar on their Universal Management Suite, which is a single management solution for decentralised endpoints.
This webinar explained how to:
- Remotely manage any compatible x86 device
- Automatically detect firmware updates, instantly enrol, index and control endpoints from one solution.
- Easily set and apply policies for granular control.
- Create profiles and assign to directories.
Didn't manage along?
If you missed any of our events, we'd be delighted to meet with you to discuss your IT requirements in more detail.
Please call 01506 460 300 or email us here.