Capito signs the Armed Forces Covenant
This covenant is our pledge to acknowledge and understand that those who serve or who have served in the armed forces, and their families, should be treated with fairness and respect in the communities, economy and society they serve with their lives.
Capito currently hold the Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS) Bronze Award for our commitment to this pledge.
- Promoting Capito as an Armed Forces friendly organisation, to our staff, customers, suppliers, contractors and wider public by publishing our Armed Forces Covenant and using the Armed Forces Covenant logo on our website and literature.
- Seeking to support the employment of veterans, recognising military skills and qualifications in our recruitment and selection process.
- Working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP) to offer a tailored employment pathway for service leavers.
- Guaranteeing all service leavers, and their spouses or partners, who apply for employment with Capito directly or via the CTP, with interviews where they meet the minimum select ion criteria.
- Striving to support the employment of Service spouses and partners, enabling employment opportunities across our business.
- Endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment.
- Supporting our employees who are members of the Reserve Forces including accommodating their training and deployment wherever possible.
- Supporting our employees who are volunteer leaders in military cadet organisations, actively encouraging members of staff to become volunteer leaders in cadet organisations and recognising the benefits of employing cadets/ex-cadets within the workforce.
- Encouraging current reservists in our employment to participate in Armed Forces Day, the Poppy Appeal Day and Remembrance activities.
We welcome feedback from the Service community and our customers on how we are doing.
Capito's HR Advisor, Rachael Millar said: "Capito’s diverse team includes a number of veterans and current reservists. By signing the Covenant, we hope to demonstrate our appreciation of their contributions and how we hope to support them in the future. By pledging our commitment to them, we hope to attract more service personnel to Capito to further grow and strengthen our team."
Mark Gibson, Managing Director of Capito, said: “Signing the Armed Forces Covenant is a major move for us and demonstrates our commitment, respect and thanks to all the people who serve or have served our country. We are very proud to have been invited to sign the covenant - we fully support the ethos behind it and its ongoing goals in giving practical help to those people who keep us safe and supporting the next generation of armed forces personnel.”
For more about the Covenant and what it means for you, visit www.gov.uk/government/policies/armed-forces-covenant.