Established IT solutions provider
Capito has been providing leading IT services and solutions to the commercial and public sector for over 25 years. Initially a computer rentals business, the company moved towards an IT Reseller model in 1993 as the cost of IT equipment became more affordable.
Capito has built an enviable reputation for service delivery during this time, and we have continued to develop and grow our service offering in line with the exciting and forever evolving developments in the IT industry. The way we do business now has changed dramatically over the last quarter century.
- 2017 - Capito secures place on G-Cloud 9 via the Government's Digital Marketplace
- 2017 - Finance Minister, Derek Mackay MSP visits Capito's offices
- 2017 - Capito's Investors in People (IIP) Bronze Accreditation reconfirmed for another 3 years
- 2017 - Capito achieves new Investors in Young People (IIYP) Silver Accreditation
- 2017 - Capito awarded Microsoft Silver Partner for Small and Midmarket Cloud Solutions
- 2017 - Capito awarded Microsoft Gold Partner for Windows and Devices
- 2016 - Over £1500 raised for Action for Children Scotland through Capito's support of Byte Night
- 2016 - Secured place on Government Procurement Service as a supplier on G-Cloud 8 Framework Agreement for the provision of Cloud Services to the whole of the UK public sector.
- 2016 - Regional office opens in Reading
- 2016 - Awarded Service Partner Contract Award by Hewlett Packard Inc. to deliver all services under their Scottish Procurement National Framework Contracts for Mobile Client Devices and Desktop Computing and associated services.
- 2015 - Secured place on Government Procurement Service G-Cloud 7 Framework Agreement for the provision of Cloud Services to the whole of the UK public sector.
- 2015 - Won place on all four Lots of a four year Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) framework by Jisc
- 2015 - Capito celebrates 25 years of success
- 2014 - Regional office opens in Aberdeen to expand and service existing customers in North/N-East Scotland
- 2014 - Became Authorised Microsoft Cloud Accelerate Partner
- 2014 – Investors in People accreditation raised to Bronze status
- 2013 - Participated in Microsoft’s 2016 for 2016 Apprenticeship scheme
- 2013 - Secured place on Government Procurement Service G-Cloud IV Framework Agreement for the provision of Cloud Services to the whole of the UK public sector.
- 2013 – Won place on Scottish Procurement Lot 2 of National Framework Agreement for Office Equipment
- 2013 – Received Safecontractor award, recognising Capito’s very high standards in health and safety management.
- 2010 – Awarded prestigious ISO 27001 certification for Information Security Management System
- 2006 – Awarded HP’s ServiceOne Programme, one of a small number of leading HP Partners to achieve this.
- 2006 – Company buy-out by Management Team
- 2001 – Awarded ISO 14001 for Environmental Management System. Livingston Head Office refurbished, converting warehouse into additional multi-level office accommodation and adding a new warehouse with a configuration suite.
- 2000 - Became Microsoft’s first Scottish Gold partner
- 2000 - Renamed Capito, based on the Italian verb ‘I understand’, reflecting emergence as a solutions and services-led organisation. Awarded Investors In People (IIP) the same year
- 1999 - Awarded ISO 9001 for Quality Management System
- 1993 – Name changed to CRS Computers Ltd and moves to current premises. Change of focus to IT reseller and transition to IT Solutions-led model.
- 1990 – Company founded as Computer Rentals Scotland Ltd. Primary focus was the rental of IT equipment at a time when outright purchase was considered to be cost prohibitive.